There are three different ways of approaching a project. My way, my wife’s way, and everybody else’s way. Let’s take painting a cupboard as an example. Here’s what everyone else seems to do;
1. Measure the cupboard.
2. Go to the shop.
2.a Buy enough sandpaper or paint stripper to strip off the old paint.
2.b. Buy enough masking tape to cover the hinges and locks.
2.c. Buy some primer.
2.d Buy some paint.
2.e. Buy some paintbrushes.
2.f. Buy some solvent to wash the paintbrushes with.
3. Lay out some old newspaper on the ground outside.
4. Take out the cupboard.
5. Strip off the old paint.
6. Cover the hinges and locks with masking tape.
7. Paint with primer. Give it a day to dry. Wash off the brushes with solvent.
8. Paint a first coat. Give it a day to dry. Wash off the brushes with solvent.
9. Paint a second coat. Give it a day to dry. Wash off the brushes with solvent.
10.Take the cupboard back inside.
This technique will give you a sparkly, new looking cupboard. It will also leave you feeling hollow. Empty. Unfulfilled. Your cupboard will look just like everyone else’s. How sad your life is. Next time do it my way;